Ludo Mich ~ is a painter, sculptor, performer, poet, choreographer, film- and videomaker, animator, holographer and musician. He lives and works in Antwerp, Belgium. In his latest visual work, currently on the way to China, Ludo Mich does not just play the violin like he did in some of his latest live performances, but instead makes noise with the superstrings, linking his love for music, holography and quantum physics in the 11th dimension or the M-dimension (M as in Mich). Mich has always been an artist with a special interest in technicality and most of his work can be described as the visualisation of different dimensions. The Superstring Theory could be seen as a unified Theory Of Everything, because every matter consists of the energy or the “music” of superstrings, the smallest elementary particles. Through experiments like this, Ludo Mich tries to show that string theory is also visually and musically applicable to the domain of metaphysics. Ever since starting out making music to his experimental films of the Sixties, he’s been collaborating with people, which is what this Resonance selection in the first place shows. Results can turn out out to be scientific, mythical, physical, annoying, conceptual or simply extremely funny, but always give us a glimpse of his 11th dimension.
1. Kommissar Hjuler, Mama Bear & Ludo Mich – Out Of Body. After Kommissar Hjuler heard the La Bamba version I did for the Ultra Eczema compilation, he sent me several recordings for a collaboration. I wrote text, recorded the vocals for them and mixed the songs here.
2. Ludo Mich – Music from the film Deus Ex Machina. The original version of this track was composed by Ludo Mich in 1966 and used for his performance Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde at theatercafé Babylon (Brugge/Belgium); In 1970 ten minutes of the original 120 minutes soundtrack were used for the film Deus Ex Machina. The original 120 minutes got lost.. (taken from the Music From Films By Ludo Mich LP, Ultra Eczema 25)
3. LudoMich & Blood Stereo - The Peeling Spirit. From the Ludo Mich & Blood Stereo – From Tapes & Throats LP, Giant Tank 017. Ludo’s vocals recorded at home in Antwerp, 2006, by Hans De Ley. Mixed and edited by Blood Stereo at home in Brighton, 2008
4. Kuwayama & Ludo Mich - Untitled. I recorded voice and Japanese artist Kuwayama made music to it. We got to know each other in Glasgow at the Install Festival in 2006, while smoking cigarettes out on the street. The song never was released.
5. Ludo Mich & W. Ravenveer – Improvisation at Bokal Royale in Brussels, .November 2nd 2008, organised by Veglia Records.
6. Ludo Mich & Blood Stereo - In Love With A Hologram. From the Ludo Mich & Blood Stereo – From Tapes & Throats LP, Giant Tank 017. Ludo’s vocals recorded at home in Antwerp, 2006, by Hans De Ley. Mixed and edited by Blood Stereo at home in Brighton, 2008.
7. Kuwayama & Ludo Mich – Tell Me A Story. Another unreleased collaboration song I did together with my Japanese friend.
8. Joyous Cosmology & Ludo Mich. Improvisation at Cinema Nova in Brussels together with the band of my daughter Djuna, played as a soundtrack to the Multi-D:2D holographic movie I made. February 2nd 2007.
9. Ludo Mich - La Bamba. Cover version for the Ultra Eczema 68 LP, which was released with the Ultros Exemos La Bamba Night(mare) party at Antwerp squat Scheldapen where all bands and the dj only played versions of the La Bamba song, the complete night (February 28th 2009). Insanity.
10. Ludo Mich & Blood Stereo - It's Raining Ammonia. From the Ludo Mich & Blood Stereo – From Tapes & Throats LP, Giant Tank 017. Ludo’s vocals recorded at home in Antwerp, 2006, by Hans De Ley. Mixed and edited by Blood Stereo at home in Brighton, 2008.
Glossolalia- Ludo Mich by Glossolalia